OR State Transit Tax Setup in Vista W-2s and ORSST W/H
Oregon State Requirements in Vista - Oregon State Transit Tax and W-2s
This article is about how to setup Oregon state transit tax in Vista so that it appears correctly on W-2s and works for state reporting.
1. Setup the transit tax
Payroll > Programs > PR Deductions/Liabilities.
- Type = Deduction
- Calculation Category = S-State
- Method = G-Rate of Gross
- Rate / Amount #1 = Enter the current rate (see the Oregon Department of Revenue for information)
- Rate / Amount #2 = Enter the same rate you entered in the Rate / Amount #1 field.
- Accumulate Subject Amounts = Select this check box
- Deduction should be called ORSTT W/H – to be put in box 14 of the federal return
- IMPORTANT FOR W-2s – Add Aatrix Tax Type (Addl Info tab, W2 section) = 5666 (Statewide Transit Tax)
Adding the Withholding tax – example screen
Adding the Aatrix tax code – Critical to making sure the OR state upload works
2. Check state setup is correct for W2 Export
Go to Payroll/Programs/ PR State Information and check the state income tax is setup
Be Sure to add the State ID # 41