Vista Client Install
Vista Client installation must be done on new computers and after every major update. This mainly applies to on-premise installations or Viewpoint Remote Link (VRL) users.
On minor updates, the client will update itself
- Download the lastest Vista client from ClearView (Products > Vista by Viewpoint > Downloads).
The client installer will be in the 6.xx.00 folder, named VistaClient6.xx.0.xxxx.exe
- Save the client installer to \\SERVER\Viewpoint Repository\Downloads for future convenience
- Run the installer on all computers and follow the prompts
- The installer may prompt you to restart the computer.
- After the client is installed, you should see Vista by Viewpoint in the start menu
- Open Vista and enter the Viewpoint Server and Database Server and test logging in.