AR receipt with a Credit Card Fee
HOW TO RECORD AR PAYMENT PAID WITH SQUARE IN VISTA
- 1. Go to AR/Cash receipts and open batch.
- 2. Enter customer and transaction date (the date the payment was received), check # ( this should be S followed by date [S20170911]. If there is more than one Square deposit I a day add a letter.
- 3. Enter the check date (the date the payment was received) and check amount. The amount should be entered for the net amount (the amount of the invoice minus Square payments). Enter the CM Company (should default), the CM account and the deposit number. For the deposit number, use the date followed by letter (20170911A for first deposit of the day and 20170911B for second deposit of the day).
- 4. Go to the bottom of the entry page. Total applied is the total the customer owes for that invoice.
- 5. Go to payment detail and the discount amount enter the amount of the Square fee. Click the remove payment restrictions box.
- 6. Process batch as usual.
If you are having problems, verify that the Company parameters has “Allow Discount taken on receipts” checked. Also check that there is an account under discount in AR receivable Types