How to put COVID Earnings W2 Box 14
IRS requires companies to put COVID Earnings into box 14 or issue a statement on them
Here's how to easily put the earnings into box 14.
1. Navigate to PR/Programs/W2 Processing
2. Initialize the Header
3. Initialize the Federal Box - this will copy codes from the previous year
Open the Federal Tab
1. F4 to bring up additional items
2. Select code 51
1. once code is selected, this dialogue box will open
2. Select the earnings code radio button (default is deductions/liabilities)
3. Choose your 1st COVID earn code and click OK
Repeat for the additional leave codes using codes 52,53, and save. This will put the codes into Box 14.
Be sure to add the codes in the state box 14 as well